So what can you say about this one? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to share this blog post to your family and friends online. And also, visit our website more often for more updates.
Recently, we publish a post about the importance on having a minimum of 8 hours of sleep for us to gain energy and good health. Because we can't deny the fact that these days, most of us often lack sleep.
Sleeping is essential for us, we have to sleep for at least 8 hours for us to gain energy.
Here's the effects of sleep deprivation:
1. Weight gain
- Lack of sleep is always linked to the sudden gain of weight. Experts claim that when a person lacks sleep, their appetite increases and the metabolic rate reduce.
2. Irritable attitude
- Being sleep deprived often makes you feel sluggish, and when you feel sluggish and too tired, you easily get irritated with things that are happening around you.
3. Inability to learn
- Experts claim that just like our body, our minds also need to rest and if we didn't let it rest then it won't function well. Lack of sleep may result to the abnormal function of your brain that may lead to short-term memory loss.
4. Decreased health
- When we sleep, our body produces glands and hormones that are important for our well being and if we would continue being sleep deprived, then our body wouldn't be able to fight the common diseases and infections!
5. Depression and anxiety
- Experts claim that if your body has rested for less than eight hours, depression quickly kicks in, and you won't be able to deal with problems quickly. This is because of the hormonal changes that's caused by being sleep deprived!